Week 28: 26/06/2013
Training this week will be all about addressing our mental approach to our remaining games training with an intensity that will demonstrate how hard we are all willing to work for each other.
We had a really good discussion about the remainder of the season and the importance of giving our all for each other in everything we do. We will be working on all aspects of our game as individuals and collectively and preparing as well as we possibly can for every session and match.
We had a lengthy review of the game and looked at the areas where we were 2nd best and had a frank discussion about what we need to do as a group. All players responded really well and trained with good intensity and performed well.
Update on current injuries:
Danny Grimshaw is still having some discomfort with his ankle when running but has had a settling injection that will hopefully help and allow Danny to get stuck into full training without discomfort this and next week.
Luke Helliwell is still a bit sore with his hamstring but is making good progress and now has full range but needs to be able to push off in sprint mode which may take another week.
David March tore his calf muscle on Sunday and we are not sure of the extent of the injury but would probably not make it if we had a game this week so will have to wait whilst it settles down before being able to determine how bad it is.
David Clayton is now back in training and did contact in training so will hopefully get no reaction and be available.
Aston Wilson is also now back in training.
From the Board
- Community Director to take on the Yorkshire Marathon
- 'Proper' day out awaits at Kingstone Press Championships Finals Day
- Kingstone Press Championship Finals Day Ticket Details
- Quartet sign up for another year
- Mvududu the latest new recruit for 2015
- Hawks swooping in on Grand Final place
- Hawks 80 minutes away from Grand Final appearance
- Harry the Hawk reaches the summit of Ingleborough
- In-form Thunder aiming to rumble on in play-offs
- 2015 squad starts to take shape
Phoenix Suite Available to Hire