Popular Lord Leaves Assistant Role
Hunslet Hawks RLFC can confirm the departure of Assistant Coach Gary Lord with immediate effect.
Lord has been on the coaching staff at the club for 5 years working under Graeme Hallas, Paul March and most recently Barry Eaton and was in temporary charge after the departure of Hallas.
Director of Rugby Darren Williams said “It’s a sad day for the club losing such a popular member of the backroom team, Gary was a pleasure to have around and always raised spirits with his infectious attitude to the game and life in general.
His work commitments have changed and he wouldn’t have been able to commit to the hours needed to fulfil the role, he’s been a rock over the last 5 years and leaves the club on good terms and we hope to see him back at South Leeds to watch a few games in 2014.
Williams added “We don’t envisage replacing Gary and Barry Eaton’s assistants will remain as Jonny Wainhouse and Mark Cass.”
- Long serving fullback leaves the Hawks
- Garden Gate Heritage Room to open tomorrow
- Coyle brothers depart South Leeds
- LCB Hawks lose opening match but show great potential
- Hawks facing a baptism of fire says boss Eaton
- The Garden Gate Hunslet RL Heritage Room set to open this Friday
- Hawks to kick off new era of Rugby League at Featherstone Rovers
- Players Shirt Auction 2014
- Ryan Backhouse latest new recruit for 2015
- Eaton builds a new Castle
Phoenix Suite Available to Hire