Popular Lord Leaves Assistant Role
Hunslet Hawks RLFC can confirm the departure of Assistant Coach Gary Lord with immediate effect.
Lord has been on the coaching staff at the club for 5 years working under Graeme Hallas, Paul March and most recently Barry Eaton and was in temporary charge after the departure of Hallas.
Director of Rugby Darren Williams said “It’s a sad day for the club losing such a popular member of the backroom team, Gary was a pleasure to have around and always raised spirits with his infectious attitude to the game and life in general.
His work commitments have changed and he wouldn’t have been able to commit to the hours needed to fulfil the role, he’s been a rock over the last 5 years and leaves the club on good terms and we hope to see him back at South Leeds to watch a few games in 2014.
Williams added “We don’t envisage replacing Gary and Barry Eaton’s assistants will remain as Jonny Wainhouse and Mark Cass.”
- Hawks eye top-five finish after win
- Hawks down to last 19 fit players for must win game at York
- Bramald bemoans Hawks’ bad start
- George Flanagan signs new two-year contract
- Supporters vote to rename the club Hunslet R.L.F.C.
- Doncaster defeat has left us with harder task to qualify – Bramald
- Bramald names squad for Barrow clash
- Ben Crane leaves the club
- We must cut out the defensive lapses says Bramald
- Former Parkside player passes away