Popular Lord Leaves Assistant Role
Hunslet Hawks RLFC can confirm the departure of Assistant Coach Gary Lord with immediate effect.
Lord has been on the coaching staff at the club for 5 years working under Graeme Hallas, Paul March and most recently Barry Eaton and was in temporary charge after the departure of Hallas.
Director of Rugby Darren Williams said “It’s a sad day for the club losing such a popular member of the backroom team, Gary was a pleasure to have around and always raised spirits with his infectious attitude to the game and life in general.
His work commitments have changed and he wouldn’t have been able to commit to the hours needed to fulfil the role, he’s been a rock over the last 5 years and leaves the club on good terms and we hope to see him back at South Leeds to watch a few games in 2014.
Williams added “We don’t envisage replacing Gary and Barry Eaton’s assistants will remain as Jonny Wainhouse and Mark Cass.”
- Hawks Cupcakes Available For That Special Occasion
- Hawks to launch Business Academy
- Watch Live SL in the Phoenix Lounge
- Headingley Carnegie Stadium to host 2014 Kingstone Press Championships Finals Day
- Hunslet Hawks Dance Academy Fancy-Dress-A-Dance-A-Thon
- Lois Forsell takes up new role with the Leeds Rugby Foundation
- Hawks Support Pillow Fighting World Record Attempt
- Gibbs & Dandy join forces with Harry Hawk
- Hunslet legend passes away
- 2014 Season Launch Night this Thursday
Next Home Fixture:
Phoenix Suite Available to Hire