Popular Lord Leaves Assistant Role
Hunslet Hawks RLFC can confirm the departure of Assistant Coach Gary Lord with immediate effect.
Lord has been on the coaching staff at the club for 5 years working under Graeme Hallas, Paul March and most recently Barry Eaton and was in temporary charge after the departure of Hallas.
Director of Rugby Darren Williams said “It’s a sad day for the club losing such a popular member of the backroom team, Gary was a pleasure to have around and always raised spirits with his infectious attitude to the game and life in general.
His work commitments have changed and he wouldn’t have been able to commit to the hours needed to fulfil the role, he’s been a rock over the last 5 years and leaves the club on good terms and we hope to see him back at South Leeds to watch a few games in 2014.
Williams added “We don’t envisage replacing Gary and Barry Eaton’s assistants will remain as Jonny Wainhouse and Mark Cass.”
- Bramald names squad for Super 8s clash with London
- Hawks swoop to sign Casey
- Supporter information for Saturday's game
- Former club secretary loses battle with cancer
- Race Night hailed success
- Cumbrian born Sanderson joins for play offs
- Hawks hunting out ‘killer instict’
- Supporters to walk in memory of Mark Smith
- Hunslet Hawks mourns the death of Mark Smith
- Super 8s fixtures announced